Thursday, January 22, 2009

D.C was awesome !!!











I went to D.C ...It was all i hoped for and even more . we left our hotel which was in Baltimore,MD at 2:00 am which was (11pm) california time..we met with uncle george who picked us up at the airport we all rode in to washington together which took about 30 mins , we waited in long lines, we pushed, shoved , sang ,chanted obama, obama...Yes we can...yes we can ..we danced and met people all over the world ..Everyone was friendly, all walks of life , it truly was a life changing event..i was in excruciating pain because of the cold, it was cold and hard it felt like needles sticking in my fingers my back, i had on thermos, jeans , boots scarf & hat , long wool coat, with a hood , i have frost bite on my face..i felt totally defeated , but i was front & center during the parade and got to look in Pres Obama's face to see him smile , and to see Malia upclose and personal , i didnt see michelle or sasha they were on the other side ...My cousin text me during this most exhausting day and said "how does it feel to be a part of history ? It felt good...damn good , i would do it all again in a heartbeat

No comments: