Thursday, January 14, 2010

R.I.P Tedyy Pendergrass

Teddy Pendergrass, the R&B singer, has died. He was 59 years old. Pendergrass underwent colon cancer surgery eight months ago, and reportedly had a difficult recovery.
I grew up listening to Mr. Pendergrass, My mom would have Teddy in her car, I remember her playing Teddy while cleaning house on saturdays, and i even remember she had a Teddy Pendergrass Tshirt from a concert she attended. So i am truly "old school" and have a true love for old school music, especially when he was with Harold Melvin and the bluenotes ... Teddy Pendergrass has got me through alot of difficult & "wonderful" times. Mr Pendergrass you and your music will be missed , but will forever live on in my heart thank you for sharing & giving us a part of you. R.I.P -Lav

2 comments:

The Real Mochahontas said...

I thought he was much older but he is not old at all. So sad.

Anonymous said...

RIP Teddy......